A series of independent lines linked to Library, Songs, or Member databases. Call a line Call to Worship on the left side, Adult Choir on the right side, and use the Library database. Edit this line, and the Music Library appears on the screen. Double-click to select a song and it is entered on this line. When the song title is in the worship order, its history usage is tracked.
The basic unit of the Service Worksheet is the line. Each line is associated with a database (Library, Songs, or Members). The line is composed of these 10 parts:
Far right of line:
• Time – actual start time of event or elapsed time
3 main parts of the line:
• Left Line Heading – appears on the left side of a worship line
• Center Value – appears in the center of the worship line
• Right Value – appears on the right side of the worship line
|Left Line Heading||Center Value||Right Value|
At the bottom of the form:
• Flow Notes – non-musical instructions or drama text, etc.
• Instrumental Notes – instructions for instrumentalists
• Tech Notes – combined instructions for lights, sound and video
• Light Cues
• Sound Cues
• Video Cues
• Left Line Heading – change type of line
• Center or Right Value – open Library, Songs or Members database
• Song title on Select a Song form – enter that song in the Worksheet
• Any Line – open a pop up form for special editing based on which database
• Any song title on Select a song form – open the song card
When the line is edited, the source table/database (Library, Songs, or Members) appears for you to select data to enter on that line. These are called Song Pick, Library Pick, or Member Pick forms. By double-clicking a song title or soloist‘s name, that data is immediately entered on the Worksheet. The history pane appears to the left of the WorshiPlanner Worksheet, so you can easily track all song or personnel usage. To erase a selected song or name, either select another to replace it or replace the entire line.
Select Line Form
• Choose what kind of line you want this line to be.
• Each listing shows Left Line Heading, Left Field (Page#), Center Value, Right Field, and Source Table/Database.
• Select by clicking the OK button or by Double-Clicking the line
• To erase the selected song title or member name, select the same line type to over-write the line
Top Control Buttons
• Select Service – Select from previously created services
• Worksheet Reports – Create service, song text, flow notes and tech sheets
• Worksheet Tools – copy, delete, etc.
• Favorite Services – list of services added to favorites
• Service Templates – List of services with the word template in the title
• Edit Lines – create or edit lines for services (normally accessed by double clicking left side of line
• New – Create new blank service
Input Fields and Drop Boxes
• Date – type here to change date on this service
• Am-PM – Indicate which service this is for the History Pane
• Name of Worship Order
• Start – start time of service
• End – calculated field based on event times per line
• Select Report
• Set Options (fonts, etc.)
• Select Notes and Colors for flow sheets
• Select Action (Preview/Print – view and then use the Print Preview menu; Email –creates a PDF file, Opens Email form and puts pdf file in attachment box, which can be viewed by double clicking the path)
• Service Data – view or edit service data
• Copy – enter starting date and # of copies to create multiple copies of current service (recommended method)
• Clear Favorites – remove all services from Favorites List
• Search – find a word or phrase used in services
• Timer – basically a stop watch
• Worship Song/Library Song – add a song to either database
• After inserting a line, double-click the left portion of the line where the text would go. The Select a Line form pops up and you can scroll to the line of your choice. Lines in the Select a Line form are edited with the Edit Lines
• To move lines, click up or down buttons at the bottom left of the page.
• To edit Event Time use the hh:mm format
Duplicating Worship Orders
• Select the Worship Order to copy.
• Open the Tools menu
• Click the Copy current worship order button.
• Type the number of weeks you wish to duplicate (usually 13 to 52 weeks).
• Enter the starting date for duplication by pressing the date on the Calendar
Be sure to give the correct starting date, and the computer will add the correct dates to each of the Worship orders created.
Create Service Template from Scratch
Create a blank template that looks much like your typical service. A Blank template has all the lines you normally use, but no songs or members have been added. This template can be duplicated 13, 26, or 52 times for a quarter, half, or whole year of services. The program does this for you, when you enter the correct start date and number of copies. Take your time creating your template.
• First, click the Dates button, then,
• Click the New (Worship Order)
• Type the title of your worship service or select Title of Worship Order from the list.
• Select AM, PM M1, M2 or This will identify the service in which the song is used.
• Right-Click a line to open the pop-up menu and click Insert Line.
• Double click the left side of the new line to open the Select a Line form
• Select the line by double-clicking
• Repeat the last 3 steps to complete your template
Create Service Template from Existing Service
The easiest way to create a template is to start with an existing service.
• Open the service you want to use
• Click the Worksheet Tools button
• Copy the service to today’s date
• Close the service and re-open Service Worksheet
• Double-click the first line that has a song or member
• Replace that line with the line that matches it in the Select a Line form
• Repeat the last 2 steps to complete your template
• The service is ready to copy
• After copy you can add the word Template to the title of this service, or delete it.
Teams and Bands
This module is for selecting team members for Praise Team or Band, Tech Teams, etc. Once a Team is selected, a Red ball appears on the View Teams button below the Teams and Bands button.
• Requires groups in Membership that include the words Team, Tech or Band
• Team lists can be included on Worksheet Reports
• Select Team on left
• At the top of a black box under the date, click to drop a list of teams and bands
• Select group for this box
• Drag and Drop members from the 2nd column to your box
• To include the entire group, click the icon next to the trash can at the right of the top of the black box
• To Clear the list, click the Red X
• To remove one member, click their name and then the trash can at the bottom of the box
The History Pane appears on the right when a song or member name is touched in the Pick Form for that database, or a line is touched where a song or member has been added. If ever a wrong song title or member name appears in the History Pane, it means that the song title or member name was not selected from the list in the Pick Form, but was typed or pasted there.
Service Ideas can be stored by clicking the Light Bulb on the bottom right. When an idea is entered, the Light Bulb turns on.
Somewhere, every choir director keeps a list of upcoming songs. This is the easy way, assuming you have duplicated services into the future.
• Click the button (Library, Soloists, or Songs)
• Select the To Date:
• Every line from every service in the date range with that database will display
• Add songs or members as in the Worksheet
• Reports of your choices are available at the top of this form
• Newly added data will appear in the appropriate Service Worksheet